Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend

Well, the art competition went well. Our school took home two 2nd places and two 4th places...not too shabby. I got home around 10 last night and went in to kiss both kids. Ribbit woke up immediately, smiled up at me and waved. Then I told her night night and she waved me out of her room. Waking Goob takes skill so I just kissed on him and covered him back up. Apparently the kids were great for Adam. Goob painted the bookshelf that Adam made him. Ribbit just played and played. She even took a nap in her pack and play outside. Goob also built a cross out of some wood. He loves loves loves to build. Adam got him a new hammer that is magnetic so it will hold the nail as he strikes it in the first time. Adam said Goob really liked the hardware store and Ribbit not so much.
I had a good time talking to fellow moms who chaperoned the art comp. It's good for me to hear that bio kids come with their own set of problems and that most of the time they grow out of them. My kids are wonderful kids, but yes I do worry that their past will effect their future.
This morning Adam and I filled in for Goob's usual Sunday School teachers. We had 8 kids and Goob was definitely the loudest, spunkiest but also the brightest. I know the first two were related to our presence but he is just so quick. He picks up on so many things that most other 6 year olds wouldnt. He told us during sunday school that he was a genius :). The other kids had a hard time understanding how we were Goober's mom and dad because he is "dark". One little girl wanted to clarify and said " so he goes home with you after church? ". When I said Yes, Goob said " you don't have to look like your mom and dad". Man, that made my week.....he gets it!!!
He and Ribbit went shopping with me this afternoon, we had to get teacher appreciation gifts and baby shower presents and food. We also got Goober some more underwear b/c I am tired of doing soooo much laundry.....not that more underwear will solve the problem but it sure will help. The kids are such good little shoppers. Goober loves to push the buggy and Ribbit just waves to everyone. We have also received lots of free food b/c of them soo far; cookies at subway, ice cream at cracker barrel and 2nds on samples at Target today...geesh!
Goober starts therapy this week, so we are praying that he will be receptive to her ideas and that he will speak honestly with her. He is going to another art contest with me this Friday so that should be fun for he and I.
All in all, great couple of days for our family....another busy weekend coming up!!!


Heres a fun video from Spring Break where my dad was pushing Goober on a tire swing...Listen for him to say " Now this is what I am talking about" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment