Saturday, March 19, 2011

We will keep the makers of "Shout" employed

Wednesday was a very fun day. Adam's mom showed up and we all (meaning my family, both grandmas, and 5 teenage boys) ate pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Then we upwrapped gifts from Lolly and Captain and found that Eli got a new surfing outfit. We headed to the beach and stayed there almost the entire day. Eli surfed with dad and then enjoyed being buried in the sand over and over again by his grandmas. Bre played and played and then took a good hour and a half nap....which meant I got to lay out ...FINALLY!!! We ate lunch on the beach and we were all starving for dinner.
We had homemade pepporoni pizza for dinner and fruit pizza for dessert. Eli slept with Gramps that nights so the two grandmas could share a room. He loved being read to and having his head rubbed. He said that gramps snored though.
Thursday we woke up and went straight to the beach to do some shell hunting. We saw a St. Patricks Day Parade and Eli thought it was kinda weird. Then we got lunch and watched Toy Story 3. Eli picked up the saying " As you wish" from someone and has been saying it a ton !!! Its really cute. Then we went to play Putt Putt. Good thing it was "all you can play" because we circled the course bout 4 times. The last time he was just throwing his balls in the hole. Bre ventured out to play a couple of holes but really just liked going up and down the ramps. Eli did get 3 holes in one....but for the most part he just cheated :). Then we went to the candy store and got all of his classmates gummy lobsters, sand sharks and killer sharks. We also went to a boutique and got him an Auburn Championship banner to hang in his room. Thursday night we ate nachos and the kids played with their grandparents. We also had meltdown #1 over leaving Uncle Chris that night. Eli realized that we only had one day at the beach left and started crying. He said he didn't want to leave him and he wanted to be strong like him :). I let him cry and kept reminding him that we would back this summer for a long time.
Friday morning we woke up and packed up the house. Then we all went to Cracker Barrel to meet my Papa and my Aunt Robin. They both loved meeting the kids. Adam told my Aunt Robin over the phone " i hope that the kids open up to you". Well, dagum, if they didn't both go crazy. Bre danced and charmed the waitresses into free ice cream. Eli was too funny and kept telling Chris that he was weird. I really enjoyed seeing my grandpa ( their great grandpa) meet them. Then we went back to Bay Minette and while Adam and I got some sleep the two grandmas watched 101 Dalmations with Eli. Then we went to the park and out to the Mexican restaurant. Bre sat with Gramps which meant she got away with everything. She would suck the cheese dip off the chips and then redip them....she looked pretty gross. That night my parents took both kids for a walk as it would be their last night with them.
Friday, my other grandparents came over to meet their kids and were also entertained. Eli was too caught up with Uncle Chris to care about anyone else but towards the end of their visit he loosened up and started talking to them. Chris also cut Eli's hair into a mohawk...it looks prety funny and we shaved it off when we got home but he wanted it! Bre was on the entire time....what a great little personality she has.
We left Alabama at 2 in the afternoon and got home at 2 in the morning. Eli cried and cried when we left ( all of us were sad) and then about 3 hours into the trip he said " i still remember that I am sad , i can't talk about it without crying". We made several stops along the way for bathroom breaks, drink breaks and supper breaks. We are really trying to not eat so much in the car and we wanted the kids to have stretch breaks. The whole way home Eli would say " I tooted" and then say " pweof weef"....but I think he was trying to say " shooo weee". He was sweet and silly with us.
Today we were like zombies. Unpacking, grocery shopping, getting ready for school, cleaning up the house from where the cats destroyed it. Eli painted his fort and helped me grocery shop. I know the people at Target looked at us and thought " what a pitiful little family"....we were in one of those shopping carts that seats two kids, and I was trudging along trying to stay awake while drinking coffee. I bought enough groceries for three weeks as the next month is absolutely insane. I forgot to pay and then on the way out all of the groceries fell out of that stupid cart......ahhhhh. After Eli painted his fort he came in and touched the couch. I said Eli did you get paint on the couch. He said No and kept looking at this one spot. When I looked at the couch it did have paint on it. I asked him why he lied and he shrugged his shoulders. He did a time out for lying and then disappeared into his room. Couple minutes later he came out and handed me my check book on which he had wrote " Imsyliyatpntcch"...which he says meant " i am sorry for lying about getting paint on the couch"....I about lost it, he was being so sweet and said he tried his hardest to write me an apology letter. I'll keep that checkbook for forever!!!!
So now its 8 on Sunday night and right when Eli goes to bed so am I!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment