Thursday, May 16, 2013

A good day

Today was a great day...I didn't know it would be so great though. It started off with my awesome school bestowing upon me the award of Master Teacher for the year. I was beyond shocked, like one of those moments where you weren't listening because you were sure you were not going to win but your good friend has a "oh my goodness" face and is clapping and smiling at you so you assume it was you :). Its a weird feeling though. As teachers we are often not told the impact (if any) we have on a kids life unless the parents tell us or the kid comes back to tell us. Most times the appreciation we get comes in the form of hugs, homemade goodies or a kid repeatedly taking your class.....hardly ever in words or medals. Today though I was affirmed all day with words (and a cool medal) from my bosses and peers and some students and I HAD NO CLUE WHAT TO SAY BACK. Its so humbling, the only thing you can say is that God is good to you, gives you lots of grace. I kinda felt bad for taking an award for something that I love doing so much..some days it doesn't feel like work, just doing what I know I'm supposed to do. Anyways, it was a great way to start my day off and an AWESOME way to end my 3rd year of teaching!!! Here is a video to show you just how my awesome my day ended...with a story from my sweet little thang.

No comments:

Post a Comment