Sunday, March 19, 2017

Last 1/2 of Spring Break

We are one day away from being done with our Spring Break. We got back from camping yesterday morning and spent the rest of the day upacking, cleaning up our camping supplies and doing laundry.....oh and we also went down to Deep Ellum for lunch and to the Dallas Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon Expo for 4 hours...what were we thinking? We were totally exhausted from camping but sucked it up and had a great time walking downtown and getting my gear for tomorrrow's race.

This half feels so much different from the Disney Full...just a little over 2 months ago. The biggest is that my girlfriend works for the Dallas Athletic Comission and got me a FREE BIB! and even better a FREE PARKING SPOT AT THE RACE START LINE!!! WHOOP. I am so not stressed about this race...everything is laid out, bib attached, shoe tag on, fuel in my belt, spotify downloaded and I'm ready to run. Its nice to be ready to run a half at a week's notice and not feel like I couldn't do it .....and do it in Dallas, get to see so many of the buildings up close and personal that I am constantly whizzing past!!!
Goober's cheer for me tomorrow!

Little Man's BIG handwriting to cheer me on!

Ribbit now calls me by my first name apparently...HA

I am also doing it alone. My girlfriend is in a corral far behind me and has no intentions of staying with me. I have no fans to cheer me on and I will be taking lots of selfies. I am TOTALLY ok with this. I am going to listen to a podcast that I have been wanting to hear on "Function over Form-how to talk to your children about food and exercise" and I have also got a Spotify running list that should keep me cruising. I NEVER wear headphones, i always talk so this will be new and I think maybe refreshing for me. I will also get to enjoy the post race festivities instead of having to jump on an airplane or dodge kiddos who are trying to grab my medal off of my neck :)...and oh yeah, the parking spot....YEEESSSSS!!!!

So back to our camping. We headed down to Dino Valley and camped with 2 of our bestest family friends. Between the 3 families we had 6 kiddos, ages 4-12. We also had 4 tents as the two older boys wanted to camp together in our little 2 man tent and then our friends 7 year old wanted to try to camp on his own in his little vintage tent. It was precious. We had a fort for sure as we also had 2 picnic tables and a gazebo to cover our grill and fire pit. We looked LEGIT.

We got there in plenty of time to set up camp, make dinner and hang out some...the adults favorite part of the trip!

Later that night we went bouldering...the kids LOVED this..they asked to go back several time..more like every 5 mintues but the parents had several mini heart attacks the first time and we couldn't take it a second time.

My kiddos are like little billy goats!!!

No fear at all!

Wanted to climb all night long!!

Every camping night has to end with smores. Or if you are with the Winsteads you get SMOREOS...or with the Hoppers Campfire pudding cups....fortunately we were with both :)

From my first morning run...REALLY fast which surprised me since I wasn't feeling that great...look at my views though!

These two stayed in their own 2 person tent and had the best time together, as usual!

My people, I love these fellow mommas, teachers and running buddies. We are a village and I love them dearly!

He is a STRONG man!
We have been wanting to take the kids to Dinosaur Valley State Park ever since we moved here. Its so stinking neat as you can walk inside of dinosaur foot prints and see human foot prints right beside them. We saw several prints and got excited over each one....we didn't care that it was FREEZING water, we took off our socks and shoes and made sure we got down and dirty!!! I love that we had the fabulous Archeaologist Adam with us as well to remind us the creation story, the flood, the new creation and how dinosaurs fit into all of that as well as a new earth timeline. The dinosaur footprints alone SELL me on a new earth but hearing my hubby preach it made it come alive.

HA!

Mr. Archaeology here found the first mark...from then on we were practically sprinting up and down this river bed!!!

TELL ME THAT IS NOT THE COOLEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN!

Mom of the year....sure kids, take off your shoes and socks and step into FREEZING water even though you are already coughing and snotty...ha!

See the footprint underneath?

Talking to the whole group about "Genesis".

See the larger tracks in the background? It was really was fascinating. I want to go back already!

The first one, well after me to jump in was my little explorer. Look at how little she is compared to that track! My foot is in the human foot print right beside it.

I mean I could not have been more excited. You see how there is no one else in that water but me...haha. I was ready to dive in...see the human foot print to my left, your right?

3 families loving life on Spring Break!!!
I was worried that this trip may not happen as I had a crown replaced and 3 fillings redone on Wendesday morning...total of 11 shots...YUP...I couldn't feel anything right down to my toes...in fact it felt kinda good ;). BUT, i was hungry but couldn't chew or swallow. Then I got a sore throat and runny nose and was ready to cancel it all. I am grateful we didn't but boy did our family go through some oils those 3 days. By night 2 we were all so tired that we fell asleep fast and not one of us coughed or got up to blow our noses! In fact us 3 ladies felt so great that we got out and ran both mornings....10.5 miles total ...not including all of our hiking! To say that my legs felt like jelly this morning was an understatement....so I DID NOT RUN TODAY..just some weights and a FULL HOUR OF HOT YOGA>>>>>>my new favorite!!!....OUCH!

After all that we asked the kiddos what their favorite part of all of our Spring Break was and here is what they said ...


Of course she had to have this Anklosauras hat...and for $4 , why not? She helped me make campfire pancakes one morning. 


These sweet friends all crammed into Jesses's tent to play around while we packed up the site on Friday morning. We could hear them laughing and talking the whole time!


After all that we asked the kiddos what their favorite part of all of our Spring Break was and here is what they said ...

Goober-feeding Levi his bottle at the art musuem in Arkansas
Ribbit-holding Baby Levi
Little Man-Bouldering at the camp site
Adam-having Levi at Crystal Bridges
Me-getting to sing Levi to sleep ...and I'm thinking my 1/2 tomorrow will be awesome too.

No comments:

Post a Comment