Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sonic

It's really sad when you HAVE to take our kids to Sonic for breakfast due to the lack of food in your home. Well, that's not true. They could have eaten the raisin walnut oatmeal that Adam made for them, but even I started to gag when I looked at it. So, off to Sonic for tater tots and sprite we went. I looked like the cool mom, but really I was just stinkin desperate.

That was on Wednesday, so you probably think I went to the grocery store that night or Thursday. Nope, I waited until this morning. Its hard to go grocery shopping when you are at church until 8:30 or when you and your spouse have put in 12 to 13 hour days and you have to choose between making lunches/ actually seeing your kids or going to the grocery store. Therefore the kids lunches have consisted of pistachios, goldfish, beef jerky and pickles...I KID YOU NOT. I did cut up the pickles, I mean I did put forth a little effort towards their well rounded meals :).

Anyways, I'm really excited about some things going on right now. Adam and I are leading a bible study for non-believers on Wednesday nights. Shhhh, they don't know its a bible study. We offer a free dinner and then discuss things like " why did Jesus have to die?" , "who is jesus?", "what is sin?". We are the youngest in this group by 30 years...again not kidding. We realized this very quickly and I instantly became very insecure. However, God has really been encouraging me that I don't have to have a scholarly answer as long as its an answer from Him. As long as I can tell how He has personally worked and moved and spoken to me then I'm being obedient. One of the ladies, we will call her K, is 73 and doesn't think she needs a savior because she is a good person and honestly does not like it when someone says sin. So instead of telling her grandchildren not to lie she tells them not to tell stories....so they won't feel bad about themselves. She grew up in Korea and in California and says she was never taught about the Bible and/or God. There is also a couple who are in their 60s and began their walk with Christ last year and have great things to offer and add to our group...please pray for them...we will call them T1 and T2. Then there is P. P keeps us late every Wednesday....almost asking our permission to live her life. She has a homosexual daughter and struggles to live by the Bible's authority, but also to love her daughter. She is depressed and has been in a constant battle with her daughter's partner. I feel for her, she is sooo distraught but for some reason she can't turn it completely over to God....easier said then done right? How do we separate sin from the sinnner, or can we as humans?...anyways pray for our words, that we would be sensitive, be obedient in what we say and that we would love on our group...we are meeting with them until November.

I'm also getting to geek it up as I just became part of the Doctrine Committee at our school. At first I felt like I was not intelligent enough to be on it, especially when the head guy said "but you add so much vibrancy to the group"....vibrancy and intelligence are not at all the same. .....but now we are studying, researching, writing catechisms for our school to adopt and I am super pumped. I am also super jealous of my children's education. They are learning their faith backwards and forwards. I am also super not jealous that they will probably have to defend their faith WAY more than I ever will....this world is making it harder and harder for Christians to live by the TRUTH but I am glad that our school is preparing our students for BATTLE!!!

Catechism is basically just a method of teaching. Some, just by hearing the word, associate it with Catholicism but it does have a place in Protestant history as well. We use the form of catechism in everything....math, english, foreign language..any subject where we ask students to memorize rules and repeat them back to us. As we speak I am itching to make my spreadsheet of 36 catechisms to match up with our mission statement.....NERD HERD ...here I come!!!

Here is my favorite one so far....beautiful

Why is He called Christ, that is, Anointed?


Because He has been ordained by God the Father, and anointed with the Holy Spirit, to be our chief Prophet and Teacher, who has fully revealed to us the secret counsel and will of God concerning our redemption; our only High Priest, who by the one sacrifice of His body has redeemed us, and who continually intercedes for us before the Father; and our eternal King, who governs us by His Word and Spirit, and who defends and preserves us in the redemption obtained for us.



1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy reading your posts. We are homeschooling this year and we love it. I can see how teaching at such an amazing school based on Christ and His teachings has to be highly rewarding!

    ReplyDelete