Friday, February 8, 2013

Disney Cruise Pt. 1

We finally got to give Goober his full Christmas gift.

We left on our Disney Cruise last Friday and got back Tuesday night. We stopped for one day in Cozumel and spent 2 full days at sea.

Goober had no idea what he was getting into. He talked the ENTIRE 4 hour drive to Galveston and was giddy!He kept saying " is the cruise boat bigger than a car? is it bigger than 20 cars?". He was blown away as we pulled up to the port.

We spent all of our sea days watching 3D movies, movies from the hot tub, learning how to fold towel animals and hanging out with Disney characters. Goober loved the Kids Lab and hung out there while Adam and I watched Lincoln and then some on the last night as he wanted to avoid the "fancy dinner" :). He made friends fast, especially with the kids at our dinner table. Speaking of dinner, we ate our weight in food, GOOD FOOD. Goober took full advantage of the 24 hour pizza and ice cream and had 2nd lunch and 2nd dinner every day. He and Adam got pizza every night around 10 and then we would either go watch a 3D movie or head up top for pirate parties and fireworks. I ate my weight alone in seafood, including crab legs and fresh shrimp.

We also had a great time in Cozumel. Adam and Goober went dune buggy riding through the jungle and then swam through quicksand, reptile invaded caverns. I am SO glad I didn't sign up for this adventure!!! It rained right before they left which it made 10x muddier and 10x better according to them both. Every time someone asks Goob what the best part about the cruise was he says " the dune buggy riding". I enjoyed some time shopping and reading and face timing with my mom and kiddos back home. When they got back from their adventure we ate lunch at Margaritaville and then did some quick shopping for Adam and Goob.

We knew we had shown him a good time when he cried as were leaving the boat and then slept for 5 solid hours!!!! He is still talking about it and wearing his shark tooth necklace so I say it was a success. I am so glad we had time alone with our boy and gave him some good memories.


Also, TODAY is Goob's and Ribbit's 2 year HOMECOMING anniversary. I can't believe its only been 2 years....seems like much longer...but I can still remember that day so clearly...many details about it.....how sick my stomach was, how dressed up I was (like they cared) and how fast our house was destroyed.

I'll post pictures from our cruise soon...here are some pictures from 2 years ago :)

Who is that darling little girl?....man, she looks just like her sweet baby brother...with a bit more tan :)





I miss that toothless grin but the boy has become even sweeter!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment