Thursday, January 2, 2014

Last day of break


We just finished packing everything up...which took at least 2 hours....not including putting it in the van. Packing up from Christmas includes removing unnecessary boxes, packing everything in ziploc bags, separating clean and dirty clothes and fitting all that new stuff into our van. We are also taking back a cooler full of deer meat. Adam shot his first doe...YAY and we are so excited to have all that meat for the new year. We are also taking Micah back to TX with us ..... we are praying that the kids sleep well and she doesn't want to stop in MS to let out a scream or two (as I want to do almost every trip :). SO, if you see a blue minivan with a FULL car top carrier and riding real low to the ground, with parents hanging out their heads out of the window screaming...thats us!

We have had all of our Christmas meetings and the kids were overly spoiled. All of my moms side of the family came over for Christmas on Saturday...we had fun eating, exchanging gifts, making fun of each other and of course ended the nights with cards..I have to let you know that I WON...I never win at hearts!!!! The kids got the cutest piggy banks, each one fits their personalities and some candy. I also got a kitchen tool that lets the kids cut food into shapes, so far we have cut cucumbers into hearts, stars, butterflies, suns and circles and our sandwiches :).

We also had Christmas with my Aunt Robin yesterday in Pensacola at a seafood restaurant. It was beautiful, our tables overlooked a waterway and a marina and the food was delicious. The kids got all kinds of fun toys, remote control cars, fingernail polish, purses, stuffed animals with nightlights in them, blankets and other fun things. From there we went to the cemetery to see my Papas grave. My grandma was cremated but her urn was placed in his grave with him so even though the kids ran around like crazy people and ran over several graves while there it was still nice to visit them with family.

New Years was AWESOME. My favorite part about coming home every time it going up into the country where my mom's family lives. We all crowd into my Uncle's home which is less than 5 seconds from my grandparents and other aunts house. They live in the deep country.....dirt roads, surrounded by trees and crops...where you can hear coyotes every night and we can have a bonfire. Adam, Mason, Goober, Uncle Paul and I all went hunting first thing. Right as we were about to give up we heard Adam and Mason both fire. Adam got his deer but Mason ended up not being able to find his. Adam shot his right in the rear. Since Goober was in the blind was me it would have taken a deaf/blind deer for us to kill anything. He moved every 2.5 seconds, sniffed or talked the whole time. We kept shhhiing him but he would throw up his arms like he had no clue what we were talking about. I also got a case of violent sneezes and laughed so hard at myself for trying to keep them muffled that I am sure I scared some deer away too.

Anyways, we took Adam's doe, about 100 lbs, back to my Uncles and let Adam, Mason, my dad and Paul skin him. Adam got right in on it and let me smear the blood on his face :). We got several LARGE pieces of meat off the deer and they even found the bullet. My children all watched and the only one who gagged was Goober....just as the rib cage was being cut and all the organs fell out. Baby Boy kept saying "icky" and "tete"...I think he thought the blood was pee. At the end of everything Ribbit looked around  said "mommy we shouldn't have done that"..When I asked "why?". She said "look at all that blood".. It was true, blood covered everything and everybody.

After that we all ate dinner and headed out to the fire for dessert. Then we started the fireworks and that was fun as everyone was trying to scare everyone else. We got Micah pretty good and I think she passed the family test :). Goober LOVES fireworks and was out there with all the big kids lighting bottle rockets and other bombs. It really is a miracle that no one has ever been seriously hurt out there :).

All in all we had 20 people there, so the kids had plenty of playmates and people to hold them :) Around 8:30 it started to rain so we went in to start cards and watch football. We taught Goober how to play hearts and so for about 1/2 of the game we had 8 people playing all on teams. He is actually doing pretty well. Baby Boy fell asleep watching TV with his papa but the other two stayed up playing until we left at 11. We got home at midnight, all the couples kissed, watched some fireworks on TV, watched a SCANDAL ( oh I love that show) and then went to bed.

A great Christmas break!!!

Some notable things from my kiddos

1-When I asked Goober what his favorite toy he got for Christmas was he said " its not a toy, but spending time with family"...MELT MY HEART

2-Baby Boy learned how to sing Happy Birthday over the break. It comes out "birthday to you, birthday to you".

3-Ribbit has developed her own language which includes the word "beatle beatle" almost every other word. She has had her nails done and has been extra lovey. She also has started dancing and singing " i like to move it, move it" all the time!

4-My dad had a colonoscopy  done while we were here and when he got back Ribbit took one look at him and said " Papa, did you get poked". My dad was pretty groggy and didn't get it but the rest of it had to keep it together.

5- Baby Boy is pretty attached to Micah and keeps saying "my micah" to Chris which starts a fight :)

6-We went to a Christmas program at my parents church and afterwards one of the ladies said " Goober, did you like it?" He immediately said "ehhhh" and shook his hand up and down. I was mortified.

Baby Boy hanging up a christmas ornament with Aunt Erika's bookbag on.
Ribbit got a giftcard and can't stop talking about it!
Helping Captain open up a gift.
Baby Boy and his great grandpa ...we have the same picture from last year. He went right to him.
Look Daddy, new stick on earrings. Lord, help us now...that girl is going to be a diva!
Walking the Rentschler's dog.
WWAAARRR EEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!
He caught his giggling dog.
He loves that thing!
Baby Boy was using mommy's tools to help Daddy put together sisters toy :). He was getting a little frustrated.
Showing off her new hat, scarf and mittens.
Showing off their Aubie hats ....WAR EAGLE
Stocking time....Ribbit got several princesses.
Flashlights..always a good toy for boys.
Riding the choo choo at the mall with Lolly.

More pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment