Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Momma is sore

Since I'm ridiculously sore from boot camp and my daily running, all I can do is sit....and therefore I might as well blog. The second week of school has been pretty smooth...my Mondays are pretty LOOOONNNNGGGG but other than that things are flowing well. Have I mentioned that I love my new art room?

I wanted to write down some funnies from the kiddos before I forget them.

Baby Boy says "Not I want to" when he doesn't want to do something..which is very Yodaish. He loves wearing his boots, but only on the wrong foot. He loves to be naked at all times but won't let me hold him unless I am fully clothed and says "ewwww, you naked" even when I am wrapped in a towel after a shower. He is constantly asked if his a girl or boy due to his long beautiful curls :). He still comes and gets in bed with us every night. He talks in his sleep and says things like "i tan't (can't) or " go to my house". He loves to wrestle and if he finds something funny his laugh becomes very contagious!!!

Big Girl thinks her teacher is so silly and comes home with a story about her daily. She LOVES to paint and will sit at the table for hours and paint "pretty lights, pretty stars, beautiful music, beautiful singing rocks, and our family". She prays for all the needs of her friends and family and she is constantly restating what we just said to make sure she FULLY understands the entire situation. She LOVES Adam's dinner devotionals and begs him to start even before he is done eating. When someone mentioned it was raining the other day she whipped around and said " God is doing that to show how powerful He is".

Big Man is learning the harsh reality of getting into higher grades. HW is already very rigorous at our school and adding Latin to it has rocked his world. His face is starting to change, its not pudgy and childish anymore..it looks more manly and I find myself staring at him wondering how he will look fully grown...I don't like it. Sometimes he looks like he is thinking about all of the worlds problems and you could light a fire underneath him and he wouldn't move. He has the best memory and I rely him to remind me to dole out nightly vitamins, sign papers, buy paper towels at the store and pray for someone who has recently asked us to. He is very tenderhearted towards the Lord and prays some of the most beautiful prayers. He loves all things Legos and has a hard time wanting to be a little kid and wanting to seem Big as well :).

My homies...I love these 3 fellow teachers....We are all from separate schools, PreG, Grammar, Logic and Rhetoric but we have the best time. This picture was taken around midnight in Austin at a little bakery called Easy Tiger. We walked our booties off to get there and rewarded our selves with chocolate croissants and chai tea...YUMMY
 Pictures of the back patio I laid when it was very close to completion!
Up close
Helping Papa "cwean" the house....my dad is teaching Baby Boy how to be a pro vacuumer!
Can you spot the littlest cowpoke in the band? This was this summer at my parents home....Baby Boy is actually standing on the same dance floor where Adam had our first dance at our wedding reception :)
The smallest cow in the cattle train!!
One of my kiddos favorite things to do while at my parents home is to go to the splash pad that is less than 5 mins away, in fact we walk there and get soaking wet....then we go dry off on the swings!
Helping Papa give Jad a bath.


No comments:

Post a Comment