Thursday, March 20, 2014

Stickers

Well we have found the secret to Ribbit behaving at school. DISNEY :). Our school is putting on the musical Beauty and the Beast this year and there are characters appearing everywhere on campus. There is also a special tea with Belle, the Beast and the enchanted objects....So, in order to go to the musical and the tea Ribbit had to get stickers....and so far we are 3 days GOOD!!!! She has been stellar and is so excited to show us her folder after school. So basically, I just need big events and lots of money to bribe her with :). She has been singing Frozen songs like crazy too, being two or three characters at once and dancing around the house. She loves the movie the Croods about cavemen and during our discussion about bugs the other day she said "Mommy, we don't eat bugs like the Croods because we are housemen, not cavemen". So clever. Goober has been working on a very advanced bracelet on his loom lately...hovering over the ipad watching a tutorial, throwing his hands up in the air when he gets confused, muttering things about arrows and colors. He has told me about 10 times how advanced this bracelet is and how he can't wait for it to be finished. The other day we were talking about a cartoon character and I couldn't tell if he was saying "swamp" or "swap" and when I asked he said "Swap, mom...the one with a W"....he said it as if I was a complete moron....he was quite smug so I didn't have the heart to tell him that both words have a "w". He is loving the nicer weather lately and always smells like a puppy....ALWAYS....he is outside on his scooter, shooting basketball, playing football with his dad or our next door neighbor. Even after church he has to shower because of how active he is..no wonder he eats 2 helpings of EVERY meal and runs to my classroom begging for food every day after school. Baby Boy is saying EVERYTHING! His new favorite phrase is "run run, fast as can, catch me, gingerbed men"..just like that :). He and his big sister say it constantly as they chase one another. He is SOOOOO funny, getting onto his siblings as if he was 6'4 and 300 lbs..yelling at them to flush the potty or telling them to pick up their shoes. He still comes into our bedroom every night, snuggles in between us and goes right back to bed. He asks us to "nuggle me" almost every night before bed. I bought him the book "love you forever" ....and when I sat all 3 kiddos down to read it to them I had to really fight back the tears. I have never had trouble reading that book before but with 3 kiddos in my lap I had to tell them to look at the pictures on each page so I could cry, wipe my eyes and swallow the lump in my throat before turning the page....Now as we rock in the recliner, Baby Boy will say "back and forth, back and forth" just like in the book. We are getting ready for the CRAZY time of year. The last quarter is the busiest by far for art....tons of competitions..overnight and 2 days at a time. All of our awards shows happen now and field trips to paint outside in the nice weather. Its crazy for my kiddos too with football starting this weekend for Goober, getting ready for their performances for grandparents day and squeezing in every little thing before summer. We have lots of family coming to visit over the next two months and lots of church events as well...Our calendar on the fridge is FULL!!!! In this time of year I so thankful for the weather change and the reminder that God makes all new things...every morning, its a new start...a new day to worship. I am so thankful that my kids love learning about the Lord. Goober comes home every Sunday and tells us about the sermon we heard, the point of it and how we can apply it. Sometimes he even reports it to his grandparents on facetime. Ribbit tells us what she learned and can normally list off all the people involved correctly. Baby Boy LOVES his teachers and never cries when we leave him....he loves making crafts and singing " jesus loves me". Our children are also very good at remembering prayer request. We pray for people long after God has answered our prayers too ;).

Some of the girls from ABF came over and I led them in a painting...we just set up in our living room since we are in the middle of a remodel anyways...paint was spilled and it was no big deal :).
Check out this stud playing basketball in his rec specs :)
My printmaking students working on making shirts through silkscreen.
Pulling a print!
Cowboy Goober on Western Day
Goober's 3rd grade class
Check out his shiner, he got in a scuffle with a scooter and some concrete...luckily a cupcake made everything  better!
Fishing for ducks at a birthday party.
The moment he realized that he got a t-ball set for his birthday!
Grabbing candy after the piƱata broke!
Sad face..probably because I said he had to choose between the cookie cake and cupcakes :)
Fixing Daddy's candles after he made it say 13 instead of 31 :)
 
Birthday kisses for mommy!
Birthday Boys!!!
Why isn't it my birthday party?
Choo Choo Party!!
Check out the cupcakes we made!!! These two brothers LOVE each other!!! If Goober isn't up when Baby Boy is then he will run in there and say "BUUUBBBBBBAAA, GET UP!!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment